golf

 I played golf once with my "best buddy" when I was in 3rd grade. I remember looking for golf balls, and his dad telling me it was okay that I lost them, and maybe I could just ride in the cart for a while.

This year after hanging around our 6th Annual Trinity by the Sea Golf Tournament, I feel inspired to try again. I've already heard rumor of some less than perfect golfers I may try to tag along with so I don't drag anyone down.

 All that to say, even though I have not played golf in the past, I may try to put my toes in the water. I mean, it's for a good cause, right? I have until May 1st to at least learn a little etiquette. What I really learned, about our tournament anyway, is that it's about having fun. We had such a great time, form the volunteers, to the staff at Palmilla, to most importantly, the players! (See the winning team in the above picture. The winners were having fun!)
Each year brings it's challenges of hustling raffle items, signing up players, recruiting sponsors, finding musicians for the dinner, etc. All that to raise some money for our amazing Day School, one of the greatest ministries of our church.

Thanks to everyone, and if you missed it this year, I hope to see you May 1st, 2015!



Thank you to Jennifer Kidd for these photos. 
See more at
Trinity by the Sea Golf Tournament
Marine Dreams and Island Adventures
and even more from Tim Burdick

Comments

  1. Congratulations, tried to get my brother to play, he couldn't', maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year, May 1, 2015! I hope he can play then.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

plastic: a spiritual perspective

movin' the tide