Capers


Just a quick note about my quick trip to Camp Capers. It was good to catch up with fellow clergy, hear from our Bishops, and to be in such a beautiful place. I was on the summer staff at Camp Capers in 1998, but started going there a couple of years before with our Canterbury from SWT (That's a college ministry from what is now Texas State University...in case you missed that.) On one our trips, probably to the college gathering we did each winter, a friend taught me how to fly fish. I was hooked. (haha) It was nice to get back on the Guadalupe and catch a few perch. I threw them all back, they had great meals for us... 

I also went for a nice run on the new property that is completely undeveloped. It is beautiful out there. It is more river-front property where they have some trails and take small groups to camp out during the summer. It is certainly a different feeling to be under a canopy of cypress and oaks, than to be in the wide open environment of our coast. I love both environs. 

Being in familiar places always brings back memories. I have a lot of good memories from Camp Capers with campers and friends. I also have memories of important conversations with clergy who mentored me, and helped me along my journey at that point in my life. It's a good thing to remember. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plastic: a spiritual perspective

movin' the tide