xmas eve thanks

After the lessons, carols, hymns, incense, prayers...
After preaching my first Christmas sermon at Trinity by the sea...
After hearing a whole community: young and old, newcomers and those who've been here a while...
After the glorious celebration of Incarnation...
After the the Birthday Cake and Generous Impromptu Reception...





I hopped on my bike, 
and rode to the beach, 
and stood ankle deep in the Gulf of Mexico.
I looked up into the beautiful night sky.
I noticed the water wasn't as cold as I expected it to be.
And I said a silent prayer of awe and thanksgiving.




I hope your Christmas Celebration (that has just begun) will lead you
to fully experience your own incarnation,
to be grounded right were you are,
to say silent prayers of thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plastic: a spiritual perspective

movin' the tide