celebrating community


This Saturday, we will gather as many people as we can get together to celebrate a community. Trinity by the Sea is 50 this year (April 1964 was the groundbreaking of our church building.) We won't be done celebrating this weekend, but this is the kick-off. As we prepared to celebrate, we've been going back through pictures, stories, and remembering the history of some of the events of the past 50 years. I also wonder about the next 50 years. How will this community continue to grow and change as the island population grows and changes. I wonder what the Spirit is guiding us to next.

Here we are right now. It's an amazing community; after a year and a half I still can't believe I get to be a part of it. Saturday is an opportunity for the new folks to meet a few of the founders, and for the history and the future to meet. I guess every day is like that, though.

I'm thankful that I'm here right now, and I'm thankful that we get to celebrate Christ's Church in the expression of Trinity by the Sea on Saturday, and throughout the year.


Comments

  1. I congratulate you people of Trinity by the Sea on 50 years of presence within your community. Strength to you James in your ministry my brudda and fellow agent of Anglican sensibility with an African spontaneity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lester! I miss you! We'll be touching base with our African heritage when we sing "Si-ya-hamb' e-ku-kha-nyen' kwen-khos'!" (We even share a very similar climate and geography with the S.A. Eastern Cape.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

plastic: a spiritual perspective

movin' the tide