easles, mandolins, and palm fronds

I took a couple of days away after Easter. Holy Week was full of collecting, cutting, and folding palms; selecting, practicing, and performing some old time music; praying, preparing, preaching, and participating in the movement from the Maundy Meal and Crucifixion to Resurrection. It was a fulfilling and amazing Easter morning. Then I went away and spent time eating, sleeping, and playing with Eli.

So, when I got back to my office, there remained the remnants of planning, the left-over articles of liturgies, and even an easel we used to coordinate the parish work day (Holy Saturday.) As I sorted through and started to put things back in their places, I began to wonder what my own soul looked like after such a week.
In the midst of a journey with the church through Christ's death and Resurrection, is there left a clutter of experiences, or has there been a transformation?
I believe that as Christians, we have been baptized into Christ's death and

resurrection; I am reminded now in Easter, that as a Resurrected Person I am on a journey of transformation: I am in the process of becoming the person God has created me to become.

As a Church, as a Body, we have made the journey together, from palm waving to the meal; we journeyed from the betrayal and trial to the crucifixion. And then (with a bluegrass sound-track if you were in Port A) Jesus rose from the grave, trampling down death by death. And now we are called to live Resurrected Lives; we continue on our journey of discovering the transformed people God created us to become.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plastic: a spiritual perspective

movin' the tide